In this article, we will learn how to properly store tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, and other vegetables. TV presenter Grigory German shared tips to keep vegetables fresh and tasty for up to 1 month. These life hacks are used by the chefs of the best restaurants in the world.
Read also: Top 5 Healthier Alternatives To Flour When Losing Weight
- Pepper. Wrap each pepper in a paper towel and refrigerate.
- Eggplant. They should never be stored in a plastic bag. Arrange the eggplants in a row in the refrigerator and cover with clean burlap. In this form, they can be stored for a month.
- Tomatoes. To keep them fresh for 10 days, wrap the tomatoes in a cloth that will absorb excess moisture. Be sure to store tomatoes with the stem up.
- Carrot. Take a plastic container and fold the washed carrots tightly into it. Fill with fresh water and refrigerate. There it can be stored for 2 weeks.
- Cucumbers. Leave them in a plastic bag and cover them with damp gauze. The fabric will provide a greenhouse effect.
Also read: 5 Rules For Buying, Storing And Preparing Mushrooms
Note: every three days, chefs revise the vegetable shelves in the refrigerator, throwing away vegetables that are just starting to spoil without regret. This allows other vegetables to stay fresh even longer.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle