Sweet, tasty, full of vitamins – it’s all about fruits. They also contain a lot of fiber and trace elements necessary for the body. But they also contain a lot of sugar, which can get in the way of achieving a perfect figure.
Of course, you should not completely give up fruits, even if you want to lose weight. It is important to pay attention to the type of fruit you eat and the serving sizes.
According to nutritionist Eliza Savage from New York, USA, people trying to lose weight should first monitor the size of their portions. You can eat right throughout the day but not notice any results if you eat pounds of fruit. “A portion of the fruit that can be eaten should fit in the palm of your hand – one apple, one peach, or in a small cup – chopped melon, 15-17 pieces of grapes, cherries or cherries. You can eat half a large banana or one medium banana a day.” says the nutritionist.
Read also: Five Reasons To Include Beans In Your Diet
If you want to lose weight, it is better to exclude some fruits from the diet altogether. It is best to replace them with berries with a low sugar content – raspberries, blueberries. Avoid these fruits.
- Canned fruits. Sugar syrup fruit is not the best choice if you are trying to lose a few pounds.
- Dried fruits. They contain more calories and sugars than fresh fruit, and they can eat more because of their small size.
- Bananas. One large banana contains up to 17 grams of sugar and 120 calories.
- Mango – One serving of mango (small cup) contains up to 22 grams of sugar.
- Grapes – in one serving, up to 16 grams of sugar.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle