Beans are one of the healthiest foods for humans, available all year round and at a low price. All types of beans are good for health, and nutritionist Galina Nezgovorova told why this product needs to be added to your menu.
Read also: Kiwi: Benefits And Harms To The Body
- Beans are very rich in micro and macro elements such as fluoride, iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. And in terms of the amount of copper and zinc, which are considered elements of female beauty, beans are superior to most vegetables. It also contains vitamins C, PP, B1, B2, B3, B6, and E.
- One-quarter of all the nutrients in beans are protein, which is very easy to digest. In terms of its content, beans are second only to meat, so they are an integral part of vegetarians’ menu or those who adhere to fasting.
- The calorie content of beans depends on the variety. So in red – 300 kcal, in white more – 100, and green pod only about 25.
- Consumption of beans removes toxic substances and radionuclides and also quickly satiates and satisfies hunger. Also, it is a real antidepressant.
- The benefits that beans bring to digestion are not limited to their dietary properties; they also regulate and restore disturbed metabolism.
Also read: Mango Health Benefits And Harms
Remember that before cooking, the beans must be soaked, boil them for at least an hour and a half, and add salt at the end of cooking. You can also include canned beans in the diet because it retains almost all the nutrients if there is nothing superfluous in its composition, except for water, salt, vinegar, and sugar.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle