The cat can be an excellent life partner. He is silent, habitual, loves being in company, and does not want to be disturbed. He snuggles up next to you, doesn’t make you feel alone, and in their eyes, you recognize yourself as the most important person in the world. And that’s not all; he will provide many benefits for your health that you may not know about. Here is more.
1. Reduces stress and anxiety: Owning a cat can be relaxing and release calming chemicals into the body that reduce stress and anxiety levels.
Read also: How to Raise a Dog Properly
2. Reduces stroke risk: Studies show that cat owners are less likely to be at risk of stroke than any other pet owner. Scientists speculate that this is also due to a cat’s low-maintenance property.
3. Therapeutic benefits: Having a cat can help you release oxytocin, the hormone known to induce feelings of love and trust.
4. Stimulates the immune system: Exposure to pet hair and fur in the home results in greater resistance to allergens, reducing the risk of allergies and asthma.
5. Lower blood pressure: Cat owners are known to have lower blood pressure due to their calming presence.
6. Increase sociability: Living with a cat stimulates the desire to chat and socialize.
7. Helps you sleep: Several studies and surveys in the UK have found that people (particularly women) prefer sleeping with their cats than their partners and even report sleeping better with a cat than with a human.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff