To achieve balance and forget about stress, focus on eating, moving, resting, and thinking. Here is more.
1. Start your day right. Eat a balanced breakfast that includes complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
2. Do not overuse coffee. And don’t get carried away with other stimulating drinks either.
3. Carry a bottle of water with you. Try to drink enough fluids. Then you will feel more cheerful.
4. Avoid junk food, processed foods, and processed foods. Or at least cut back on these foods.
5. Carefully study the menu in cafes and restaurants. Choose meals that are high in protein and vegetables.
Read also: Get Rid Of These Habits To Make Life Less Stressful
6. Drink less alcohol. And if you have enough willpower, give it up completely.
7. Have healthy snacks. Then you don’t have to buy chips and chocolates when you want to eat.
8. Keep track of when and how much you eat. Try not to overeat or eat late at night.
9. Eat more greens, vegetables, and fruits. Nutritionists advise eating more plant foods per day.
10. Enrich your diet. Chances are, you are not getting all the nutrients your body needs.
11. Transform the commute to and from work into exercise. Run, cycle, or stop early and walk. And always go up the stairs, not the elevator.
12. Move at lunchtime. Sign up for a half-hour workout at a nearby gym,or lunch at a café far from work.
13. Train right at work. Conduct meetings on the go, or do 4-5 squats when you go to the bathroom. If you have a standing desk, alternate between working at it and a regular desk.
14. Don’t forget about strength training. They improve bone density, increase the strength of connective tissues, muscles, and tendons, which reduces the risk of injury.
15. Train with a friend. When you feel responsible for someone, the chances that you won’t miss a class go up 50%.
16. Listen to your body. If you’re stressed or exhausted, intense interval training will only increase your adrenaline levels. So it’s better to do yoga or go for a slow jog. Conversely, when you feel sluggish, do something more energetic.
17. Find the optimal sleep time. And stick with it. For some, it is 8 hours, for others – 4. The main thing is to sleep equally long on weekdays and weekends.
18. Lie down and get up always at the same time. Also, an hour before bedtime, do not use electronic devices and start an evening ritual. The brain loves a routine. Over time, he will associate the routine of the evening with a feeling of sleepiness.
19. Help the body relax. Avoid caffeine after lunch, and do not engage in strenuous work shortly before bed.
20. Do not work on holidays and weekends. No matter how many things you have to do, take some time to rest. It will reduce stress and improve your mood. As a result, you will be more cheerful and faster to cope with things.
21. Take breaks. There should be two two-minute breaks per working hour. This will help you focus and feel less tired at the end of the day.
22. Meditate. Meditation has been proven to have a positive effect on physical and mental health. It is enough to meditate for 10 minutes a day to reduce stress and overexertion.
23. Develop compassion. You are not perfect. Stop expecting the impossible from yourself and scold yourself when expectations are not met.
24. Set personal boundaries. Learn to say no and explain what is acceptable to you and what is not. Don’t let others abuse your kindness.
25. Plan. Think about the week ahead, identify high-profile things to do, and see if something can be done ahead of time.
26. Don’t try to change your whole life in one go. Pick two or three goals. Determine what you would like to change first. Be specific about your goals and write down why you want to achieve them. If you feel an emotional connection with them, you are more likely to achieve them.
Also read: How Expressive Writing Can Help Fight Stress
27. Report to someone about your progress. This increases the chances that you will not break through and see the case through.
28. Be patient and kind to yourself. It takes 28 to 60 days to strengthen a new habit. You will likely make mistakes in the process or temporarily go astray. Don’t berate yourself. Feelings of guilt and negative thoughts will not help you move forward.
29. Remember to let off steam sometimes. This will help you relax and relieve stress.
30. Laugh more. Humor will help you cope with any situation. Laugh at yourself and how ridiculous it is to eat spinach for breakfast or do squats in the toilet.
There are a lot of tips, don’t try to apply them all at once. Gradually introduce them into your life to understand what is right for you.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff
Sources: Life hacker