Finally, the day came when you got on the scales or looked in the mirror and said to yourself: “That’s enough! Today I start a new life. It’s time to lose weight.”
Filled with enthusiasm, you type in the search engine: “lose 30 kg in two weeks” and look for the right diet. “Oh, chocolate? Not bad. Or here, the Kremlin. Or maybe sit on kefir for a couple of weeks? I’ll suffer, but I’ll fit into jeans! “
Do you think it’s worth it?
Do you want to change your weight? Change yourself—your habits, addictions, daily routine and diet, and, in general, attitude to food? After all, being overweight is not only folds of fat on the sides and aesthetic dissatisfaction but also the danger of developing many diseases and an elementary decrease in life quality, especially at an older age. Losing weight does not mean suffering from the eternal feeling of hunger. Losing weight means eating right and making such a diet natural and every day for your entire life.
So, here are some tips on how to easily and painlessly change your life and your weight.
1. Divide all foods of daily use into three groups.
- I can eat as much as I want.
- I can eat but in limited quantities.
- I can eat on rare occasions.
At first, do not torment yourself with concepts of high and low glycemic index and foods that boost metabolism. Just start eating less and skip the third column foods.
2. Reduce your daily calorie intake gradually. Don’t trust miraculous diets in a short time. After the end of the severe restriction, the body with redoubled energy begins to store “fuel” in the form of fat molecules in case of another hunger strike. Reduce the daily calorie intake by 300-600 kcal per month. But remember that eating less than 1200 calories a day will negatively affect your health.
3. Eat small meals 4-6 times a day. As soon as you want to reach for a supplement, think about the fact that the next meal is very soon, after some 3-4 hours, and you will definitely eat this piece. But a little later.
4. Reduce the number of temptations around; remove the bowl of cookies and sweets from your eyesight, remove all the deposits of gingerbread and nuts from the work bedside table, try to limit office tea-drinking with massive consumption of sweets. It is not in vain that they say, “out of sight, out of mind.” This also applies to food.
5. Be silent. Do not announce your decision to start losing weight in the family meeting. This applies to those people who live in families with a “cult of food” and traditional seven-course meals in the evenings. As soon as you say that you are starting to lose weight, they will immediately begin to secretly put fatter meat for you or persuade you to eat another cake. Some do this to justify their own gluttony, others out of great love and fear of anorexia in their beloved child.
6. “Filter” forums forever losing weight. If the main topic is; I don’t eat anything and still don’t lose weight, then run from there. Chat with those who have already lost weight, and most importantly, maintain their weight for a long time.
7. Love fruits and vegetables. A sweet orange, apple, or peach can replace traditional tea biscuits. Vegetables of any kind should always make up 50% of your plate. The exceptions are bananas, mangoes, grapes, potatoes, and some other vegetables and fruits that contain a large number of carbohydrates.
8. If you have to go to a restaurant for a wedding or a birthday in the evening, then do not starve yourself. In this case, a breakdown is almost guaranteed. Try to eat significantly less than usual during the day, leaving the “reserve” of calories for the inevitable feast; you will not feel guilty for breaking your diet and ruining your evening.
8. Ditch the “hidden sugar.” Yoghurts, curds, and other dairy products with fruit fillings, which are heavily advertised as diet food, are actually high in sugar. For example, 300 grams of 1% yogurt contains 23 grams of sucrose, which is almost 5 pieces of sugar! Buy plain kefir or plain yogurt and add fresh fruits and berries or fructose jam.
9. Do not set yourself high-profile goals “lose weight by summer . ” The hope for quick results is a big disappointment. Also, the stronger the restrictions, the greater the likelihood of another “breakdown.” Your goal is your health for years to come; not an evening dress bought two sizes smaller.
10. Learn to cook. Foods that are low in calories and wholesome can be delicious! Prepare your own sauces, experiment with seasonings, use the oven or special utensils to eliminate or minimize the amount of oil and fat during cooking.
11. Move more! Any physical activity is additional calories burned. Walk to work or bike, go to the gym, swim in the pool. Take time, not an excuse.
12. Enjoy your new life, and you will definitely achieve the result!
If you follow these recommendations throughout the year but still cannot lose weight, see your doctor. So you can belong to the same 10% of people with hormonal problems.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff
Sources: Life hacker