Have you been wondering how you can remove soot stains from your wall? Well, worry not as we have a remedy for it. Read on to fin out.
Also read: How To Remove Orange Juice Stains
First, think about security, then.
- Open doors and windows to circulate the air.
- Wear gloves, goggles, a face mask, and old clothes.
- Also, think about air conditioners or other filters in the room and change them as soot may have accumulated in these places.
- Also, check the fans and clean them.
- If you want to clean up soot after a fire, first have firefighters and experts check the facilities’ tightness.
- Before cleaning the blackened walls, cover the furniture with a cloth or move it to another room.
- Protect the floor with a tarp or newspaper to keep it from getting dirty.
- In general, to clean the black from the wall, make movements in one direction only, and do not rub the soot stains not to make them expand.
- To clean the wall from soot, proceed from top to bottom.
- Clean the stains with the special dry chemical sponge.
- If necessary, dab the halos with alcohol and a soft cloth.
- If needed, make a mix of water and mild detergent or mild dish soap or degreaser and get rid of the bad smell. With a sponge or soft cloth, clean the wall, then go over the areas with a soft cloth and water only. But be careful; do not use water for plaster walls. Furthermore, if you use it directly on the stains without first using the other remedies seen above, you could make the wall even dirtier.
- You will also find special products to eliminate soot on the market to use according to the instructions.
- After using the water, dry with soft rags, a step that also serves to check cleanliness; if the clothes are dirty, you have to clean the wall again.
- An alternative to removing the soot from the wall is to contact experts who specialize in this type of cleaning.
Caution: Before removing the soot stains, try every remedy to check that it does not damage the wall.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff