Paris is one of the most attractive cities globally; wonderful and fashionable, a symbol of love, romance, and sophisticated style. To fully enjoy Paris without the crowds of tourists, it’s important to have a clear plan. Here are 10 main points that are extremely important for a tourist going to Paris.
A trip to Paris: things to remember
- Make a plan for each day. Decide in advance what you want to see before arriving in Paris. Make a list of ideas for every day to do in and around the city. This will save you time.
- Travel in the offseason. Traveling to Paris in the fall or late winter / early spring will save you lots of time. The crowds are thinning, the weather is pleasant, and many hotels offer discounts.
- Book your accommodation in one of the 20 arrondissements of Paris. Staying in one of the districts of Paris, you will be close to most of the main attractions and will be able to make the most of your vacation.
- Be sure to visit Montmartre, but don’t spend all day there. Montmartre is one of the few areas of the city that has retained the charm of the past. The main thing to see is the majestic white-stone cathedral of Sacre Coeur. Set aside an hour or two to visit the cathedral and the surrounding area, and then move on to the next item on your list of ideas.
- Don’t buy anything on the Champs Elysees. Although the Champs Elysees used to be the most beautiful street in Paris, every meter of the avenue is packed with chain stores and car dealerships. Local restaurants also have nothing to please you – they are tailored specifically for tourists and tear off visitors at exorbitant prices.
- Get ready for the Louvre. Morally and physically. The scale of the Louvre is simply gigantic, much more than you imagine. Wear comfortable shoes, make a list of everything you want to see and be sure to take a lunch break. A full day is not enough to admire all of the museum’s art, so pick one or two wings of the Louvre and explore without having to venture into the entire museum.
- Don’t visit Versailles without a guide. Versailles is a breath of fresh air after the hustle and bustle of Paris. This miracle of landscape art and architecture is located just 45 minutes from the city. Be sure to book a guide to discover as many interesting facts as possible about this unique place.
- Don’t go to gourmet restaurants. In all establishments serving gourmet cuisine, the atmosphere’s pathos goes through the roof, and you will have to pay a cosmic sum for food. It is better to dine in restaurants with inexpensive and delicious food. Such establishments are found in abundance throughout Paris.
- The French dinner consists of three courses. In all restaurants in Paris, food is served with side dishes and snacks. The end of the meal is dessert. Keep this in mind before going to a restaurant.
- Spend the day at Disneyland Paris. Many people don’t know that there is a real Disneyland, just a short train ride from Paris. Unlike other Disney parks, there are not such long lines for attractions. The park is small, so it can be easily visited in the morning or afternoon before heading back to town for dinner.
Adapted and translated by Wiki Avenue Staff
Sources: Today Lifestyle